Topic: New Install - New Gallery Does Nothing

Just installed yesterday. Black window comes up with the New Gallery and Open Gallery Buttons but the New Gallery Button does nothing when I press it.

Already uninstalled app and erased all files in the Library and elsewhere but the re-install was the same.

I have a brand new install of Adobe Air and a brand new version of your app...so I am confused as what else to try, based upon other info in this forum.

Mac Pro 2010
OS-X 10.11.6

Can you help me with something else to try?

Simon.

Re: New Install - New Gallery Does Nothing

Please try the following:

(1) Uninstall JuiceboxBuilder-Lite.
(Delete the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Lite' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.)

(2) Manually delete the following folder from your hard drive:
/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Lite

(3) Search your hard drive for the term 'JuiceboxBuilder-Lite' and delete all entries found.

(4) Reinstall JuiceboxBuilder-Lite following the instructions here.

I know you said that you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the application and deleted files from the Library but I do not know if you have deleted the 'ELS' folder noted in Step #2 above (and manually removing this folder has been known to help certain users who have experienced similar issues).

Hopefully this will help.

I followed these instructions to the letter and the result is exactly the same: the app starts but the New Gallery button doesn't do anything. The Open Gallery button seems to work....can you send me a file or folder to click on that will allow me to customize it?

Simon.

That's really strange. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being able to use the Open Gallery button but not the New Gallery button. I'm really not sure what could be causing your problem.
Maybe there is an issue with the functionality of just the button on your system. Try going to 'Gallery -> New...' from the drop down menu at the top or use the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+N'. These are alternate ways to start generating a new gallery.

... can you send me a file or folder to click on that will allow me to customize it?

If the Open Button seems to be working, then you should hopefully be able to open the sample 'web' gallery from the Juicebox-Pro zip file.

The 'web' gallery is a sample gallery with all default settings that you can hopefully use as a template to start creating your own gallery. (Just delete the two sample images and add your own on the 'Images' tab, customize the gallery with the available configuration options on the 'Customize' tab and save the gallery on the 'Publish' tab.)

Unzip the 'juicebox_pro_1.5.0.zip' file and you will find the 'web' gallery in the 'juicebox_pro_1.5.0/web/' location.
This is the folder that you should navigate to and select after clicking the Open Gallery button.

Still no better off...unfortunately. When I use the open button, the file handling window comes up and I can navigate fine but nothing happens when I select the folder you refer to.

I had an eBay app that ran fine before so I know Air is running properly. I subsequently erased it, wondering if that was the source of conflicts, but it hasn't help, even if I reinstall Adobe Air afterwards.

I am out of ideas. Maybe I have to go back to Smugmug.

Simon.

When I use the open button, the file handling window comes up and I can navigate fine but nothing happens when I select the folder you refer to.

Please double-check that the gallery folder you are selecting has a 'config.xml' file inside it.
(JuiceboxBuilder will not open a gallery where the XML file has been renamed or moved.)

Also, make sure that the gallery folder you are trying to open is not in a restricted file system or on a network drive.
Try moving the gallery folder to your Desktop (or a differently location to where it currently is) and try opening it from there.

Also, it might be worth checking to see if you have any security software installed which might somehow be interfering with JuiceboxBuilder's functionality. If you do have any security software installed, make an exclusion rule for JuiceboxBuilder to see if this helps.

Hi.

On further investigation, it looks like the problem may be due to opening a gallery located in a Google Drive synced folder.

I have been able to replicate very similar symptoms by opening a gallery from Google Drive: an unresponsive 'New Gallery...' button and an 'Open Gallery...' button which opens the 'Select Gallery Folder...' dialog but does not actually open a gallery.

To clear the problem (on a Windows 10 PC), the solution appears to be to close JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and manually delete the following folder:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Lite\.tempGallery
(On a Mac, search for .tempGallery, make sure the search result is inside a parent folder named 'JuiceboxBuilder-Lite' and delete the folder.)

Also, to avoid this problem, I would recommend that you open your galleries from folders that are not synced to online file sharing services (such as Google Drive). If your gallery folders are stored on Google Drive, you could perhaps copy them to your desktop before opening them in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite.

A quick question for you:
Could you please let me know if your problem occurred after trying to open a gallery from Google Drive?
The more information we can gather regarding this issue, the better.
Many thanks!