Topic: Social sharing in embedded galleries

Hello,

I use embedded galleries to have adsenses displayed.

How works social sharing with embedded galleries? Does the link posted on a social network going back to the embedded page (good) or only on the Juicebox page (no good for me)?

Thanks!

PR

Re: Social sharing in embedded galleries

The link will be to the web page into which the gallery is embedded.
If you embed your Juicebox gallery into an existing web page alongside other content, then the gallery's own 'index.html' file is not required and you do not need to upload it to your web server.

Thank you for your answer. It's no really clear: if, for example, I want to share the picture number 5, the link shared on a social network will go to the web page into which the gallery is embedded, and so, to the first image of the gallery, not the 5th?

The link will point towards the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded but the specified image will be selected in the gallery.
Each image does not have a unique HTML page but images are identified within a gallery using a # character in the URL.

For example, if you wanted to share the 7th image in a gallery, the link (automatically generated) would look something like this:
http://www.example.com/gallery/index.html#7

Thanks again Steven. However, I'm always confuse as in your first answer you have written "...then the gallery's own 'index.html' file is not required..." and in your second answer "...something like this: http://www.example.com/gallery/index.html#7..."

So, index.html or not index.html? Maybe you just want to call the embedding page index?

More information about the new Social Sharing options can be found here.

The sample URL I posted was just an example of a page containing a gallery.
The principle is the same whether the gallery is displayed on its own page (the 'index.html' file within the gallery folder) or embedded in a different page.

Ok, thank you Steven.