Topic: Adding Images from Media Library - Followed Instructions, Not Working

I am attempting to add images from the media library by using these instructions from the forum:

While I can see how you can add to a media gallery by uploading via the from computer feature, is there a way I can use existing images from my media library?
Yes. Attach a Media Library image to the post containing the gallery (from within the Media Library itself) and then either:
(1) 'Edit' and 'Update' the post containing the gallery
... or:
(2) Go to the 'WP-Juicebox -> Manage Galleries' page and 'Edit' and 'Save' the gallery (without changing any settings)
Either of the above will rebuild the gallery's XML file (which is necessary to include any new images).

Here is the page where my practice gallery is: http://gateslosangeles.com/juicebox

I made a screencast of how I went about attempting this for you to review. Maybe you can spot something that I missed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFqKHJew4f4

Also, this content is not showing up on my Android phone, despite other html5 applications working fine there. Can you give me some things to try to resolve it?

Dan

Re: Adding Images from Media Library - Followed Instructions, Not Working

If the images you wish to use in your Juicebox gallery have not yet been uploaded to the Media Library, click the 'Add Media' button on the 'Create/Edit Post' page, go to 'Upload Files', upload the files and close the pop-up window.

If the images you wish to use in your Juicebox gallery have already been uploaded to the Media Library and are not already attached to a post, go to the Media Library itself and attach each image to the post containing the gallery. (Do not select the images using the 'Add Media' button on the 'Create/Edit Post' page and click 'Insert into post'. This, as you have discovered, will insert the image directly into the post as a separate entity.)

Also, there is no longer any need to 'Update' the post containing the gallery or 'Edit' and 'Save' the gallery after adding new images to an existing gallery images but you may need to clear your browser's cache in order to see the new images.

3 (edited by Advansys 2013-01-03 00:29:07)

Hi, I've been able to attach the images manually as you describe but I cannot now seem to be able to find the screen which enables easy re-ordering.  Can I do this only by manually editing the XML?  Using WordPress 3.5 and I only have one Juicebox gallery.

Ok, I found a way to do it, perhaps just getting used to the new gallery feature in 3.5.  Here are the steps I used for my gallery page, which has the [juicebox gallery_id="1"] code in it.

* Edited the page in which the Juicebox gallery exists and selected the Add Media button.
* Selected the Media Library option for Insert Media.
* Selected Uploaded to this page from the drop-down list.
* Used drag 'n' drop to reorder the images.
* Clicked Insert into page.  This may not be necessary but I used it to ensure ordering changes were saved.
* Deleted the inserted Wordpress gallery.
* Updated (republished) the gallery page, which only has the juicebox code in it.

This seemed to update the Juicebox XML and display the images in the correct order.

If there is a better way, please let me know.

The first 4 of your steps are correct but the last 3 are not required at all.
After going through steps 1 - 4, just close the 'Insert Media' window.
You may also need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

This procedure for reordering images can be done at the time of creating the post with the gallery or afterwards by editing the post.

Great, thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated.