Re: Feature Requests

Steven wrote:

@jhob

Introducing a cross fade transition is on the roadmap and should hopefully be included in a future version of Juicebox-Pro (although I do not know when this may be).

Awesome, that's great to hear!  Will look forward to seeing that feature arrive

It would be nice to have thumbnails which show a miniature of the image rather than 'cropped into' copies.

The cropped images are nice and tidy being all the same size but they are frequently not informative as to what the image content is.

I have been producing custom thumbs which is pretty time consuming and the program tends to overwrite them each time I add a new image  - so I need to keep duplicates of all the thumbs when it does that

I am not sure if it justifies and 'dont rebuild thumbnails' button

@biped

It would be nice to have thumbnails which show a miniature of the image rather than 'cropped into' copies.

Juicebox-Pro will crop the thumbnails only if the thumbWidth and thumbHeight configuration options do not match the actual dimensions of the thumbnail images themselves.
If using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to create your thumbnails, you can change the thumbnail dimensions by clicking the 'Change...' button in the 'Image Size' control panel on the 'Images' tab. Whatever dimensions you choose, the thumbnails will be generated at that size and the thumbWidth and thumbHeight configuration options will be set accordingly.
(Please note that if the aspect ratio of the thumbnail dimensions that you set does not match that of your original images, cropping will occur when generating the thumbnails.)

Cut paste or a better scroll in the images section would be nice. It is a big pain to try to move the order of pictures from the bottom of a long list to the top, say. Selecting multiple images is possible but one cannot see what is selected on screen

I know that audio support for HTML5 is still evolving, but it would be nice to be able to assign a unique audio file to any image in the gallery.

Lightroom Plugin:

Provide an incremental update capability for an exported galley if export target == prior export target, similar to the functionality of the standalone app when it updates an existing gallery, so only XML file and added or changed images need to be exported instead of having Lightroom re-render the entire gallery.

Lightroom Plugin:

Provide the ability to selectively override the use of metadata labels for individual images, allowing the labels to be automagically generated from metadata except where the user explicitly specified other text for particular images.

Image Quality:

Feature to set image quality at 100%. Images are already optimized for web when building galleries, downgrading them further is a nonsense.

@cqv

You can choose for JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to not process/resize your images by deselecting the 'Resize Images' checkbox on the 'Images' tab. JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will then simply copy your original images across to the output 'images' folder for use in the gallery.

Add "AUTOPLAY" in Image Click Mode

Hello
first of all I'd like to say that JuiceBox Pro is a great tool and I'm having a lot of fun with it!
I have a request for a future update: currently under Main Image Options, Image Click Mode, three values are possible:
"OPEN_URL"
"NAVIGATE"
"NONE"
Will it be possible to add "AUTOPLAY", or there is a mode to trigger it writing in the code? If so where?
It will be very nice to click on image to start/stop the gallery autoplay, it will make the navigation easier and more intuitive.
I searched the forum but anything like this popped out.
Thank you and again compliments for your very nice work!
Cheers, Alfonso

@alelia

Thank you for the suggestion.

Will it be possible to add "AUTOPLAY", or there is a mode to trigger it writing in the code? If so where?

As well as the AutoPlay button on the Button Bar (which can be displayed by setting showAutoPlayButton="TRUE" in your gallery's XML file), you can also toggle the AutoPlay status on and off programmatically using the toggleAutoPlay() Juicebox-Pro API method.

Thank you
and sorry I didn't know the eading text was so

big

Thumb nav buttons and opacity change.

For instance when using 10 thumb columns and 2 rows:

It would be nice if the prev and next buttons below the thumbnails could be visible but.....

When there is no next or prev because there are less than 10 thumbs the buttons are NOT vissible.

When there are more than 10 thumbs the next is fully visible and the prev is dimmend and not clickable and on the next thumbs group the prev is fully visible and the next is dimmed. But the next is only dimmed if there is not another thumb group > 20 thumbs etc. etc.

Focal Point: Intelligent Cropping Thumbnails?

It would be nice when there is a possibility to set a focal point on images so this point will stay intact when cropping the image to thumbnail size.

I would like to have square thumbs but when there is an original of a portrait photo from a person the head is cut of. When it is possible to set a focal point I can place it on the head and than crop it to thumb size. The head is intact.

I found this on the web: Focal Point: Intelligent Cropping produces.

Also used in SlideShowPro Director under "Features"

Is it possible to built in something like this?

I would like to have two image folders, say "images" and "images_large". When the user decides to watch the slideshow fullscreen, the large images are being used, otherwise the standard ones.
Christoph

In the css I see already many classes  having "large-screen-mode" in them. It would be great (or perhaps that is possible, but I just don't know which classes to style) to have the ability to style the large screen mode and the standard one independently of each other, e.g. increase the font size of the caption for the large screen mode.

There should be more layout options built into JuiceboxBuilder- why do I have to jiggle the embed code just to align the gallery in a certain way, especially when it seems like such a small bit of code? This seems like something that most, if not all users would want to do out of the box, but instead I have to check the forum to figure out how to get it done.

Also, I'd like to see something where users can choose the distance between the thumbnails and the main image- I don't know enough about coding to make these sorts of changes on my own, and in fact, that's why I made the decision to buy Juicebox; I figured that there would be a lot more fine control over how the gallery looks, but it seems like that's not the case. It's still quite useful, but I think that would be a big improvement.

Finally, from reading the first few posts in this thread, it seems that the simplest way to notify users about updates would be to use the email addresses that you've collected by PayPal- I don't use Twitter, so I'm never going to find out about new versions, it seems.

graphitegolem wrote:

There should be more layout options built into JuiceboxBuilder- why do I have to jiggle the embed code just to align the gallery in a certain way, especially when it seems like such a small bit of code? This seems like something that most, if not all users would want to do out of the box, but instead I have to check the forum to figure out how to get it done.

Also, I'd like to see something where users can choose the distance between the thumbnails and the main image- I don't know enough about coding to make these sorts of changes on my own, and in fact, that's why I made the decision to buy Juicebox; I figured that there would be a lot more fine control over how the gallery looks, but it seems like that's not the case. It's still quite useful, but I think that would be a big improvement.

Finally, from reading the first few posts in this thread, it seems that the simplest way to notify users about updates would be to use the email addresses that you've collected by PayPal- I don't use Twitter, so I'm never going to find out about new versions, it seems.

1) As I've expressed a similar point of view earlier on this forum, regarding non-geeky user options, I certainly agree with you.

2) I don't use Twitter, either. What I do -- and you might find this useful, if you run some version of Windows -- is use WebMon (free, at http://www.cmcode.co.uk/webmon/ ). It sits in the system tray area, and I have it check http://www.juicebox.net/support/history/ once a day for changes; it will show a pop-up if the page has changed. If you run some other O/S, perhaps there's some similar software available. (I know, we shouldn't have to do this sort of thing. On the other hand, I was already running WebMon, for similar purposes, regarding many other sites.)

That's a pretty interesting program, wspollack, I might have to start using it myself. Thanks for the tip.

@graphitegolem

You can join our email mailing list (at the bottom of our homepage) to get all the latest Juicebox news and developments.

1) Would be nice if the image quality could be changed without resizing the images. 2) It's not possible to set the image quality to 100, because there is only space for 2 numbers and so the maximum setting of the image quality is 99.

147 (edited by gnits 2013-03-13 11:19:53)

Presentation Options for Portrait Shaped Images.

Please allow the Option to have the Caption displayed  right (or option left and right) for Portrait Type presentations. 

Portraits are already challenged because of height constraints of a landscape shaped screen. Worse, when presenting portrait shaped images there is always a lot of wasted space to the left and the right on the screen.

What is worse again is that if a Caption is used, then the effect is amplified even more.

In an ideal world I would like to be able to put the Title directly under an image (ie will only consume 1 line) but place the Caption text to the left or right of the image.

Would be nice to be able to see CURRENT PRESET that is being used in the gallery being worked on.  When I go to save a preset to update it, sometimes I forget which one I started with.  I'll be using a number of different presets and this would be helpful when re-writing the preset, so I don't overwrite the wrong one..  Thanks for considering this option!

I would like to have an option to show or popup caption if you roll over a thumbnail.

Wow, just bought the software, nice stuff, I'll never ever regret my decision.. just what I wanted :)

However, I would have some ideas already:
- EXIF support for image captions, main parameters would be enough first, like: 90mm, f/2.8, 1/500, ISO100 (example for my 90mm Tamron macro lens)
- fix for Opera and Firefox, they don't play audio (IE: ok, Chrome: ok. Format: mp3, 128kbps, created by AVS Audio Converter)
- difficult zooming on mobile, at least on Android (HTC Desire HD). Image jumps away or next one loads when ending the tapping with 2 fingers.. (zooming in, Opera Mobile), image won't grow while zooming but the buttons do (default HTC browser). Not a big issue but needs some fine-tune I think

Please keep:
- embedding, flexibility
- nice quality downscale, no aliasing (originals are 1920x1280 and I don't let JuiceboxBuilder-Pro resize them, they come straight from PS in top quality - quality is retained even in non-fullscreen mode, cool)
- popup caption (just as others requested here as well) inclusive buttons, on mouse-over