1 (edited by stevesuk 2012-05-18 14:38:15)

Topic: Caption Display Problem

Any idea how I can get rid of the blank bar at the bottom when there is no 'caption' field?

see:-

http://www.stevesnellphotography.co.uk/ … /Lancaster

Steve.

Re: Caption Display Problem

As far as I am aware, there is no way to remove this empty caption bar using the available preconfigured options.
There may be a way by modifying the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file but I have not found one as yet.
However, I will investigate further into the possibility of a future version of Juicebox not displaying a caption bar when there is no title, caption or image number to be displayed.

Thanks.

I'll wait for the modification (hope you agree it doesn't look right with nothing in the 'box').

I have already logged a bug report. I do agree with you.

Viewing juicebox on an iPad witout any caption or file name shown most of the time gets the overlay line with image number (5/12) to be shown all across the bottom of the image.

I would very much appreciate that it could be taken away.

Is there a solution around the corner?

Henrik

@hherskind

The image number forms part of the caption so as long as the image number is present (even if you have not entered a <title> or <caption> yourself), the caption area will be visible.
To hide the image number, set showImageNumber="FALSE" in your gallery's XML file.
If using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to create or edit your gallery, the showImageNumber configuration option can be found in the 'Customize -> Caption' section.

Steven wrote:

To hide the image number, set showImageNumber="FALSE" in your gallery's XML file.

Thanks for your very reasonable answer. Alas, I can't get it to work for some reason.

I opened the XML file in Notepad and added the showImageNumber="FALSE" inside the opening juiceboxgallery tag, saved the file, reopened the gallery and published it to the web. But nothing happened on this front.
This is my website: http://adorama.dk/jb/

Do you have an idea for me?

showImageNumber is a Juicebox-Pro option only (this is the Juicebox-Pro section of the forum) and your gallery uses Juicebox-Lite.
You would need to upgrade your gallery from Juicebox-Lite to Juicebox-Pro before the showImageNumber configuration option in your gallery's XML file would be used.
If you decide to go Pro, Juicebox-Pro can be purchased from this web page.

Steven wrote:

showImageNumber is a Juicebox-Pro option only (this is the Juicebox-Pro section of the forum) and your gallery uses Juicebox-Lite.
You would need to upgrade your gallery from Juicebox-Lite to Juicebox-Pro before the showImageNumber configuration option in your gallery's XML file would be used.

Oh yes, I did notice that after writing to you. (I thought you were telling me that I would have to go through the XML file in Juicebox-Lite, whereas there is a special 'Customize -> Caption' section in Juicebox-Pro. I didn't notice that I was in the Juicebox-Pro section of the forum as I searched for something in relation to my problem.)

Just a small further question: Is what you call AutoPlay the same as what many people refer to as Slideshow? ("Play" might refer to something with music.)

/Henrik

Just a small further question: Is what you call AutoPlay the same as what many people refer to as Slideshow? ("Play" might refer to something with music.)

Yes. AutoPlay refers to the automatic advancing of images in the gallery without user intervention (for example by clicking on navigation buttons). You can take a look at the available Juicebox-Pro AutoPlay and Audio options in the Juicebox - Config Options page.