Topic: Bug: stalled image loading

Sometimes, instead of getting a photo, I get the spinner. I figured that this would never happen because of pre-fetching and the fact that these are all low-res images. Also, at least half the time that I get a spinner, it takes "forever", but if I go back or ahead by one image and then back again, it's there instantly, so it doesn't always seem to know that it actually has the image. I have seen the analogous thing happen in the thumbnails when on a iPhone X. In all of these cases, I have been in an environment with excelent network connectivity and modern equipment on the client side.

Re: Bug: stalled image loading

I realise that you say you have "excelent network connectivity and modern equipment on the client side"  but this certainly sounds like a problem with either:
(1) Your web server
(2) Your internet connection
(3) Your browser

Do you see similar problems with any of our demo galleries?
https://www.juicebox.net/demos/

Does the problem happen if you try viewing your gallery in different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari)?

Please post back with the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further. Thank you.

I do not see it on the demos. I may have only seen it when on the phone, although I cannot recall for sure if that is the only place. However, note that even though it was most commonly or entirely on the phone, it's an iPhone X with the latest IOS, on a home wifi network that is showing no issues and routinely powers multiple netflix streams. You can see what you get when you try this small gallery: https://bjbarouch.com/photos/family/She … ley50.html

Many thanks for the link to your gallery's web page.
I do not have an iPhone X on which to test but I do have an iPod Touch 6 running iOS 12.1.1.
I viewed your gallery in Mobile Safari and let the AutoPlay run through your 39 images.
All images loaded smoothly (without exception) without the spinner ever appearing at all.
I also viewed your gallery (allowing AutoPlay to run through the images) on a desktop browser (Firefox 64.0.2) without the spinner ever appearing there, either.

Just for the record, I am not on particularly good wi-fi at the moment (10.95 Mbps download speed going through a wi-fi extender).

I realise that the iPhone X is more modern and powerful than my iPod Touch and that your wi-fi is probably much better than I currently have but the results of my tests seem to suggest that the gallery on your web server is fine.

I'm really not sure what the problem could be.
You do not see the problem with any of our demo galleries so this suggests that your iPhone X and internet connection are not at fault.
I do not see the problem with your own gallery (with a lesser device and probably slower wi-fi) so this suggests that the gallery on your web server is fine.
Do you still see the problem with your own gallery on your iPhone X?
It sounds like there may have been a temporary glitch with either your web server or internet connection which has since been resolved.
I can't think of any other cause for the problem at the moment.