1 (edited by webowner 2012-09-08 17:57:50)

Topic: pre-sales questions PRO & SV MANAGER

Hello,

Sounds like SVmanager is the best alternative to create multi-galleries.

• With the purchase of Juicebox Pro with SVmanager = are there any discounts or coupons to buy both together?

• Can svmanager password protect galleries? If juicebox can't?

• Is it possible to link a gallery/image to an external page?

• Can svmanager  and/or juicebox pro - disable right click (to stop people saving images)?

• And just to be sure - everything svmanager and juicebox pro is responsive & mobile

I am using Lightroom version 3.6 and juicebox seems to work and work well. Is there any limitation, other than the pre-view window for lightroom 4 vrs 3.6 and juicebox?

Thanks for the help.

Re: pre-sales questions PRO & SV MANAGER

With the purchase of Juicebox Pro with SVmanager = are there any discounts or coupons to buy both together?

No. There is currently no bundle option for purchasing Juicebox-Pro together with svManager.

Can svmanager password protect galleries? If juicebox can't?

No. Please see these svManager forum threads for further information:
http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=10823
http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=13808
http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=15880

Is it possible to link a gallery/image to an external page?

Yes. Set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL" and when clicking on a main image in the gallery the user will be taken to the corresponding linkURL in the gallery's XML file (which will open in a new window or tab specified by the linkTarget).

Can svmanager  and/or juicebox pro - disable right click (to stop people saving images)?

In Juicebox, you can set showOpenButton="FALSE" to disable the 'Open Image in New Window' button.
However, neither Juicebox not svManager disable any browser right-click options.
Even incorporating JavaScript to disable the right-clicking of images will not prevent a determined user from tracking down and saving your image via the 'View Source' option in their browser.
Also, you cannot prevent a user from taking a screenshot of your gallery, though you can Watermark your images using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro which may deter users from doing so.

And just to be sure - everything svmanager and juicebox pro is responsive & mobile

Juicebox itself is mobile-friendly (and so is SimpleViewer) but svManager manages other Flash-only galleries (AutoViewer, PostcardViewer and TiltViewer) which will not be displayed on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled.
There are many sample Juicebox galleries on the Demos page which you can try out in your browsers and mobile devices.
Also, there is a sample svManager installation which you can also try out here.
The resulting web site from the sample svManager installation can be seen here.

Re: pre-sales questions PRO & SV MANAGER

Hi Steven,

Many thanks for the reply.

Rather than paying out twice; for juicebox PRO and SVManager = I will use JuiceBox Pro (about to buy) and NextGen gallery.

My Photography site is wordpress, so I find the Next GenGallery works to show a photo, which can be linked elsewhere (gallery created with juicebox).

My site is also mobile & responsive, so with juicebox it is working out amazingly well :)

Thanks for the help.