Topic: Faulty install after drive replacement. [SOLVED]

I've just replaced the hard drive on my iMac running Yosemite. I trashed the current install, deleted the "JuiceboxBuilder-Pro" folder in the ...Air/ELS/ locale, downloaded a fresh install and re-installed Juicebox, but I can't get past the first screen on JukeboxBuilder Pro. The right hand corner suggests I "Upgrade to Jukebox-Pro!", and clicking on New Gallery or Open Gallery give no result.

Any ideas?

Re: Faulty install after drive replacement. [SOLVED]

If nothing happens when you click the 'New Gallery...' or 'Open Gallery...' buttons on the 'Start' tab, then I would normally recommend the following, although it sounds like you have already done this:

(1) Uninstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Mac: Delete the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
Windows: Use the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.
(2) Delete the following folder manually:
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
(3) Search your hard drive for the term 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' and delete any and all entries found.
(4) Reinstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

Steps #2 and #3 should ensure that no files are left behind from any previous version or failed installation.

Please also check that you are using the current version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (v1.4.3) by going to 'Help -> About JuiceboxBuilder-Pro...' from the drop down menu at the top. If necessary, instructions for upgrading can be found here

If you continue to experience problems, then there is a fairly comprehensive list of things to check/try in this forum thread.

Hopefully one of the suggestions in the forum thread will help.

Thanks. Yes, I've tried the steps you outlined, but not the ones in the other thread.

BTW, I installed the latest "lite" version, and it doesn't work either.

I'll now try the steps in the other thread.

Hopefully one of the suggestions in the forum post (perhaps regarding administrator user accounts or security software) will help.

Hmm...I tried all those steps to no avail.

Removed and reinstalled Air as well.

My Lightroom plugin does work. Is there any way to create slideshows with Flickr albums in Lightroom?

I notice in the Adobe forums that other users seem to be having problems with AIR and AIR applications under Yosemite so Adobe may be currently having issues with AIR on the new Mac OS.
You might like to try using the latest beta version of Adobe AIR which can be downloaded from here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html
You could also try reverting to an older version of Adobe AIR (such as v15) to see if this helps. Older versions can be downloaded from their archive web page here: http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived- … rsion.html
I do not know if this will help but it might be worth trying.

Is there any way to create slideshows with Flickr albums in Lightroom?

Not directly via the plugin's interface. The Lightroom plugin works only with local images and there are no Flickr options in the interface.
You could, however, create a gallery using the Lightroom plugin (using a sample image or two just so that it works) and then open the gallery's 'config.xml' file in a plain text editor and add your Flickr configuration options as attributes to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag, e.g.:

useFlickr="TRUE"
flickrUserName="your_flickr_user_name"
flickrTags="tags,go,here"

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll give them a try.

Editing the config file seems like an option, especially since I have existing slideshows house as templates.

I've un-installed and re-installed both Air and Juicebox, tried the beta of Air, messed with permissions, re-started, pretty much anything I can think of, but still now go!

But, I am able to manually edit my existing files to do what I want, so I'm okay for now.

It seems like it just isn't getting fully installed.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to use JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Thank you for trying the beta and older versions of Adobe AIR.

Clearing the ELS folder has been known to fix the problem of non-responsive buttons on the 'Start' tab but it looks like this does not work in your case.

Please take a look at this forum thread.
It contains a fairly comprehensive list of things to check and try for users who are experiencing difficulties installing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. I realise that this is not the same problem that you are facing but perhaps one of the suggestions will help.

However, I'm glad that you have found an alternative way to create your Juicebox-Pro galleries.

Thanks Steven, but I've already tried all the things in that thread.  Harumph!

12 (edited by John Nolan 2015-03-04 11:59:51)

I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas for ways to fix my problem: I've tried a couple of new AIR betas since my last post, and still no improvement.

The fact that my non-functional Juicebox Pro Buider install has an "Upgrade to Jukebox-Pro!" button suggests something isn't getting installed correctly!

Only JuiceboxBuilder-Lite has an 'Upgrade to Juicebox-Pro!' button. JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not feature such a button.
I realise that you are unable to click 'New Gallery' or 'Open Gallery' but does the splash page read 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' when you start the application? Does the text on the application's title bar also read 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro'? How about 'Help -> About...' from the drop down menu at the top?

It sounds like JuiceboxBuilder-Lite is somehow getting tangled up with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro although, under normal circumstances, JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro can be installed an run side-by-side on the same computer without issue.

I'm sure you've tried many things many times but I would give it one more go.
Make sure that you uninstall both JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. (Delete the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Lite' and 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' files from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.)
Then search your hard drive for the term 'JuiceboxBuilder' (rather than 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' this time) and manually delete everything found.
Double-check that the following folders have been deleted:
/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Lite
/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro

Now try reinstalling only JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, allowing the application to install to the default location.

OMG!

There was a Juicebox-Lite folder lurking in a documents folder of my old user account! I deleted it and reinstalled, and all seems good. I thought I had already searched for all "Juicebox", but I guess it was -"Juicebox-Pro" I searched.

I have to admit I only did that last search to humour you!

Thanks so much!

I'm glad you've got JuiceboxBuilder-Pro up and running.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.