Topic: Full Screen Does not work on Chrome Mobile on my Iphone 4???

I have tried both the Juicebox full screen demo at:
http://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/full/#1

And my demo at:
http://www.gkwphoto.com/r2/#

In the Chrome Mobile Browser on my Iphone 4 and neither of them will go/work in Full Screen Mode???

But when I open them in the Safari Mobile browser on my Iphone 4 they work fine full screen???

Can someone please explain this problem, thank you.

-Gordon

Re: Full Screen Does not work on Chrome Mobile on my Iphone 4???

I have viewed your gallery (and the demo gallery) in Chrome on an iPod Touch 4 and the gallery seems to display and function as expected. On first loading the gallery, the address bar disappears from view and the gallery takes up as much screen real estate as possible (similar to what I see in Mobile Safari).
Because your gallery is 100% x 100%, the Expand Button is not displayed (the gallery cannot be displayed any larger than it already is) and useFullscreenExpand has no effect on an iPhone (where the browser window always covers the entire screen).

Could you please explain in further detail what you mean when you say "neither of them will go/work in Full Screen Mode"?
Maybe if I understood your query better, I could help further. Thank you.

3 (edited by gkwphoto.com 2014-05-24 12:52:43)

Well i'm using an iPhone 4, not an iPod Touch 4 and when I open those galleries in the Chrome mobile browser "the address bar never goes away", but when I use the Safari mobile browser the address bar does disappear and it goes Full Screen.  So I'm guessing it has something to do with the Chrome Browser on the IPhone 4?  Thanks for your help though.

-Gordon

Hi, Chrome on iOS does not currently support hiding the address bar. Hopefully this will be added in a future version.

Thanks for the info. Felix, hopefully they will fix this future updates, I guess I'll just have to use Safari for full screen browsing purpose.  Thanks again for the info.

-Gordon