Topic: [SOLVED] Trouble putting gallery on website

Okay, created slideshow in juicebox, looks great. Got the embed code.

I can't figure out how to get it on my website. I'm using Virb....and maybe the programs aren't compatible, but I don't seem to be able to upload the entire slideshow file to the website (with the jbcore and config.xtl and everything) I can only upload each file individually....and even when I upload them all and add the embed code, the files don't seem to understand each other. I tried to upload the file into dropbox, but it won't let me. Does anybody have any suggestions?

:-(

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble putting gallery on website

I can only upload each file individually

This will not work. The structure of the gallery's 'jbcore' folder needs to be kept intact. It is not possible to simply upload all gallery files individually to a single 'assets' folder within your Virb account.

As Virb is not a regular web host providing web space that you can upload your gallery folder to via FTP, you will not be able to host a gallery on Virb. You will have to host your gallery elsewhere (such as Dropbox) and load the gallery into your Virb page using an iframe as documented in the Embedding in a Web Template Site instructions.
When it comes to inserting the iframe into your Virb page, please see this Virb help page.

I tried to upload the file into dropbox, but it won't let me.

If you follow the Embedding in a Web Template Site instructions, you should be able to host your gallery on Dropbox (and you can check that it has worked by simply opening the public link for the gallery's 'index.html' file in a browser to display the gallery).

If you get stuck, please let me know how far you get in the instructions and what seems to be the problem so that I can help further.

Thanks for the response! Would it be possible that some of the files aren't compatible with dropbox? I've linked my virb account with my dropbox account, and moved the file into dropbox/apps/virb ....But Virb won't recognize any of the files. I suppose that's the real problem I'm having....because everything makes sense otherwise.

Would it be possible that some of the files aren't compatible with dropbox?

No. Juicebox galleries can successfully be hosted on Dropbox. (There are no incompatible files within a Juicebox gallery.)

I've linked my virb account with my dropbox account,

There is no need to do this.

and moved the file into dropbox/apps/virb ....

This is not part of the procedure.

If you are following the instructions here, have you downloaded and installed the Dropbox client program onto your computer?
If so, then when you double-click the 'Dropbox' icon on your desktop, do you see a folder named 'Public'?
If not, then please create a public folder by clicking here.
Then all you need to do is drag and drop your Juicebox gallery folder into this 'Public' folder.
To get the public link to the gallery for use in the iframe, you would navigate inside the 'Public' folder, then navigate inside the gallery folder, right-click the gallery's 'index.html' file and select 'Copy public link'.
The link should look something like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/123456789/gallery/index.html

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!! :-D So stoked!, Thanks for your help!

That's great!
Thank you for posting back to let me know.