1 (edited by timmy toad 2012-06-12 16:04:35)

Topic: solved :) :- jalbum versus juicebox ?

I simply would like confirmation of my thoughts, in fact i may have already been told the answer, i just can't find it LOL.

Am i correct in thinking, that IF i want to make Juicebox galleries that display perfectly on an iPhone i DO NOT want to use Jalbum ?

thanks

tim

Re: solved :) :- jalbum versus juicebox ?

A multi-gallery album generated by jAlbum and the Juicebox Skin displays and functions fine on my iPod Touch iOS 5.1.1.

If you do not like the Splash Page and would like the gallery to initially appear, you can set showSplashPage="NEVER" in the Pro Options text area.

If you like, you could also set screenMode="LARGE" to force the gallery to be displayed as if it were on a device with a larger screen.

If you do not like the way the web page is scaled on a mobile device, you could add the following line of code to the <head> section of your album's 'index.html' page:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

If you would rather simply create a single gallery like JuiceboxBuilder or the Lightroom, Photoshop or Picasa plugins (rather than a multi-gallery album with a navigation tree menu), then go to 'Album -> Settings -> Advanced' and deselect the 'Process subdirectories' checkbox. jAlbum will then process only those images in the root input folder and a single gallery will be created which will look identical on an iPhone (or any other device) to a gallery created by any other method.

thank you Steven, that put me right on that query plain enough thanks.

dam me, i have just this remembered what i had read or heard somewhere, it was IF i used the Jalbum Web Space the resulting gallery wouldn't be correct on an iPhone, but if using my own web space it would be perfectly ok :)

and of course i wasn't subscribed to this topic either, hence the delay in my response and thanks, there is no hope for me !

tim

IF i used the Jalbum Web Space the resulting gallery wouldn't be correct on an iPhone

That is correct. jAlbum storage is not like a regular web host. All albums hosted on jAlbum.net (no matter what skin was used to create them) will look identical on an iPhone.
Just upload your album to your own web space and all will be well.

Yeah, :) and if i put the pictures on Flickr (to help my web space go farther) and get the hang of the Embedding and editing the relevant index.html  i am now well sorted. thanks

tim