1 (edited by voxen 2013-11-06 11:20:14)

Topic: LR web gallery update

Hi

I've purchased Juicebox Pro to use it as a LR web gallery module.
Works well, no problem.

However I'd like to know how to update my gallery when I add a new photo into it, without having to upload again all the images.
If I add a photo to my gallery and click the upload button, then every photo is uploaded again and it takes a long time and bandwidth usage.

I'm also using a 500px module to upload to my 500px account and with this module I can upload just the new added image.

Is this possible with Juicebox?

Thanks

Re: LR web gallery update

Juicebox has no built-in FTP functionality and if you are using the Juicebox web module for Lightroom, then you are likely to be using Lightroom's own built-in FTP functionality (via the 'Upload...' button).
If you 'Export...' the gallery to your hard drive instead and then use a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla) to upload the gallery to your web server, you should be able to configure the FTP program to upload only new and modified files.
A dedicated FTP program will give you much greater control over the upload process than Lightroom's built-in functionality does.

3 (edited by voxen 2013-11-06 12:46:40)

Thanks for your reply. That's a good advice, however I'm pretty sure the Lightroom export will also export every photo from the gallery to disk, so the FTP program will consider the files are changed and upload them all.

Looks like the only way is to export photos individually from the Library, then tweak the Juicebox XML file manually to add the photo path, am I right?

Another way would be that Juicebox support publishing service, like the 500px module do. Maybe in a future release?

With Filezilla, you can choose to 'Overwrite if different size' (rather than just checking the last modified date) so as long as the newly-processed old images are exactly the same file size as the original ones, they will not be uploaded to your web server. Only new images which do not yet exist on your web server (or files which have changed in size, such as the gallery's XML file holding the image data) will be uploaded.