Topic: Can't create new gallery

Hello everyone

I have a problem, suddenly I cannot create new albums or open existing ones.

Juiceboxbuilder pro 1.3.3 and adobe air 3.9.0.1030

And I have tried to delete the juicebox folder under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS

Best Regards
Hope you can help.

Re: Can't create new gallery

If everything was working OK and now it is not, something must have changed to cause this problem.
Can you remember making any changes to your computer between it working and now not working?
Did you install any other software or updates which may be causing the problem?
Are you able to use System Restore to wind back your system to a time when the problem did not happen?

I have a problem, suddenly I cannot create new albums or open existing ones.

Do you mean that the 'New Gallery' and 'Open Gallery' buttons are ineffective or is there some other problem?

Try running JuiceboxBuilder-Pro with administrative rights (right-click the shortcut and select 'Run as administrator').
If this does not help, try the following.
Uninstall both JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and Adobe AIR and then manually delete the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\JuiceboxBuidler-Pro folder (as before).
Now, reinstall both Adobe AIR and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro using the right-click 'Run as administrator' option (rather than just double-clicking the installation files).

If this does not help, create a new Administrator User Account and try installing and using JuiecboxBulder-Pro from this account/

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help.

3 (edited by lionfish 2013-10-26 15:12:52)

Hello Again

I did try the suggestions above, but it didn't work, so i tried deleting the windows user completely. Juicebox worked after that for a couple of days, but now I have the same problem again.

Then I tried creating a new windows user, but without reinstalling or anything else, Juicebox worked fine on the new windows user (create new and open existing) worked.

Questing is why does this happen? and is there any log files we can take a look at.

Unfortunately, I do not know what might be causing your problem but it may be a permissions or administrative rights issue.
Try turning off User Account Control (UAC) on your PC to see if this makes a difference.
Please see this web page for instructions on how to do this.

and is there any log files we can take a look at.

Perhaps the Windows Event Viewer may hold a clue as to what might be causing your problem. Try looking in the 'Windows Logs' section for any warnings or errors which look like they might be relevant.

Hi Steven

I have found out what causes this, we store our albums in google drive and google drive adds extra files to the directories.
If we open one of the albums that was stored in google drive then juicebox crashes and will nerver work again under the current user.

Please see the attached video, and see for your self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq1FIr2VAxw

Maby it would be an idea to include some sort of filter in juicebox, so that it does not crash horribly if there are extra files in the album directories.

I have found out what causes this, we store our albums in google drive

I have tried this for myself but have been unable to replicate the problem you describe.
I can save a gallery to a Google Drive Sync folder in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and and then open it with no problem.
Also, if there are any non-gallery files in a gallery folder, JuiceboxBuilder-Pro should just ignore them (and it does in my own tests).

and google drive adds extra files to the directories.

What files do you see that Google Drive adds to your folders (I cannot tell from your video)?

Perhaps you could zip, upload and post a link to the complete gallery folder that crashes your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro so that I could take a look for myself.
I could place it in my own Google Drive Sync folder and try opening it in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to see what happens.

Hi Steven

Please see the link and look inside and find the screen dump, so you can see how it looks on my computer. I think it's the desktop.ini that causes the problem.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= … sp=sharing

I'm glad you have found the reason for the problem on your own computer and can now use a workaround (copy the gallery to a location outside of your Google Drive Sync folder and delete the 'desktop.ini' files).

However, I am still unable to replicate the problem.
There are 'desktop.ini' files within my own Google Drive Sync root folder and all gallery 'image' folders but it does not affect the functionality of JuiceboxBuidler-Pro. The presence of the 'desktop.ini' files does not make a difference in my own tests.

I think it's the desktop.ini that causes the problem.

Try manually deleting the 'desktop.ini' files from your Google Drive Sync root folder and all gallery 'image' folders to check whether or not the 'desktop.ini' files are the cause of the problem on your own computer.