Topic: Cannot load new image in gallery [SOLVED]

http://www.countyfairgrounds.net/colorado/colorado.php

gallery left side of page

I opened the juicebox program on this computer and added a photo to the gallery.  AND saved he code  after giving it a title and caption.
Saved it to the same place on my laptop. copied the link for the new image and pasted it on the colorado page  in an html editor. Went to my jbcore folder and re-uploaded the files ... AND I still have no new image. Help? what did I do wrong

Re: Cannot load new image in gallery [SOLVED]

It sounds like you have added the new image to the SEO code in your HTML page (the page which contains the gallery's embedding code). This code is used only to help search engines index the content in your gallery. Please see here for more information.
The list of images which Juicebox displays in the gallery is stored in the gallery's 'config.xml' file.
Once you have updated a gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (to add or remove images), just upload the new 'config.xml' file to your web server, replacing the existing one (and clear your browser's cache after doing so to make sure that your browser uses the most recent version).

did no work. . Okay I opened the juicebox gallery program - I added the new picture to the opened gallery. - So instead of having 14 px - I have 15.  I published and saved it. It asked me if I wanted to overwrite the file . I said yes. I took the whole code and went to http://www.countyfairgrounds.net/colorado/colorado.php and removed the old code and pasted in the new code. I overwrote the  file you said to overwrite. I can see the image in the program and we have gone from 14 images to 15 - however no matter what I do I cannot get the program on the webpage to show 15 photos  - it still says I have 14 photos. You can see my code on the webpage with view source - the image is there - BUT the page still shows 14 images instead of 15.  I deleted colorado.php and there was no change and I am stuck stuck

Your https://www.countyfairgrounds.net/colorado/config.xml file still contains only 14 image entries.

Either:
(1) The 'config.xml' file is not being overwritten in your gallery folder when you edit the gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
... or:
(2) The 'config.xml' file is not being overwritten on your web server.

Double-check that your new 'config.xml' file contains 15 image entries (you can open the file in a plain text editor).
If it contains only 14 image entries, then the file is not being overwritten. Check that your gallery folder is not read-only and that you do not have any gallery files open in any applications (other than JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) when you save the gallery on the 'Publish' tab. You could also try saving the new version of the gallery to a completely different folder.

If you are in any doubt that the old 'config.xml' file is being overwritten on your web server, delete it first before uploading the new version in its place.

Also, be sure to upload the new image and thumbnail to the gallery's 'images' and 'thumbs' folders.

After editing a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, you should be able to just upload the entire gallery folder to your web server without having to manually pick out any specific files.
If you use a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla, you could upload the entire gallery folder to your web server (to replace the old version) in a single drag-and-drop action and configure the FTP program to upload only new or updated files (to avoid having to re-upload images that already exist on the server).

great thoughtful answer - and yes putting it on a folder on my desktop finally solved the issue

I'm glad you've solved your problem. Thank you for letting me know.