Topic: Import image titles from text file and Gallery size questions

I'm currently playing with the lite version but I know I need the pro version for my end goals.

Is there a way to import image titles or captions from a text file? Each gallery I make will be about 800 images so manually editing each image will take too long.

Can an image gallery handle more than 1200 images? The program I use now crashes at that point.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Re: Import image titles from text file and Gallery size questions

Is there a way to import image titles or captions from a text file?

There is no automated method for extracting image titles or captions from a text file. (Neither JuiceboxBuilder nor any of the plugins have such functionality.)
With JuiceboxBuilder, you can automatically use the image file name or IPTC data (or enter text manually). (If you use Adobe Photoshop to enter your IPTC data, then use the IPTC Document Title field for the image title and the IPTC Description field for the image caption.)

It would be possible to build a gallery's XML file, extracting image titles or captions from a text file, using a script of some kind but this there is no such automated solution available currently. Also, the solution may may be unique to your own scenario. It is perhaps unlikely that other users would have text (that they would want to use for image titles and captions) stored in a file using the same format as yours.

Can an image gallery handle more than 1200 images?

Yes. Juicebox-Pro features an imagePreloading configuration option (which can be set to PAGE, NEXT, ALL or NONE) to determine how many images are preloaded by the user's browser (to prevent the browser from trying to cache all gallery images as soon as the gallery loads).

Thanks for the response. At least now I know I'm not missing something obvious. I'm experimenting with a script to edit the XML file now.

Hi again,
Another quick question:

If I title a two images as 14 and 14-2 respectively they will list in order as:

14-2

Is there a way to arrange them as

14-2

Or is there a different syntax to get them to sort in sequence?

The method of reordering images in a gallery will depend on how you are building your gallery.
If you are using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, then you can reverse the order by going to 'Image -> Sort -> Reverse' from the drop-down menu at the top.
If you just want to change the order of a few images, you can drag and drop the thumbnails into a new order on the 'Images' tab.

Images will be displayed in the gallery in the order in which they are listed in the XML file (unless randomizeImages is set to TRUE).