1 (edited by JP2014 2014-04-27 00:53:14)

Topic: Problem with Juicebox Pro, Wordpress plugin and Picasa Web [SOLVED]

I'm having an issue getting Juicebox to work with Wordpress and a Picasa Web Album on a particular site.

The gallery on the page below should be pulling images from the Picasa Web Album link listed:

http://yourdreambuilder.com/sitemap/testing123/
https://plus.google.com/photos/10112354 … 1184181569

I've been able to successfully display this exact Picasa Web Album on another website, so I know the settings are correct.

In addition, I've been able to successfully display a Flickr album on the website in question so I know Juicebox is working on the site:
http://yourdreambuilder.com/sitemap/testing456/

Any suggestions on how to get this working, or what else to test?
Thanks!
-JP

Re: Problem with Juicebox Pro, Wordpress plugin and Picasa Web [SOLVED]

I have been unable to replicate the problem you have reported.
Using the current version of WP-Juicebox (v1.4.0.0), I can display a Juicebox gallery sourced by your Picasa Web Album images using the username and web album name that you do.
I see no problem with your gallery's configuration option settings.
Try re-uploading the WP-Juicebox files to your web server to ensure that all files are present and correct.
If you are in any doubt as to whether or not the existing files are being overwritten, try deleting them from your web server first before uploading the new files.
Also, you could try to display a different Picasa Web Album using the username 'picasateam' and the web album name 'VegasWeekend' to see if this sample web album displays OK.

Thanks for your message Steven. I deactivated the plugin, deleted all related folders and files from the server, and uploaded and installed the plugin again. I created a gallery using the Picasa info you mentioned.

Same result. Flickr works as a source for the images...
http://yourdreambuilder.com/sitemap/testing456/

Picasa does not...
http://yourdreambuilder.com/sitemap/testing123/

Any other ideas about what else to test or how to fix?

Thanks,
JP

4 (edited by JP2014 2014-04-19 22:09:30)

Looks like the javascript creating the XML output is not including the parameters for Picasa…this is from the non-working version:

<juiceboxgallery galleryTitle="Juicebox Gallery" useFlickr="false" flickrUserName="" flickrTags="" textColor="rgba(255, 255, 255, 1)" thumbFrameColor="rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5)" showOpenButton="true" showExpandButton="true" showThumbsButton="true" useThumbDots="false" useFullscreenExpand="false"/>

This is from a working version:

<juiceboxgallery galleryTitle="Juicebox Gallery" useFlickr="false" flickrUserName="" flickrTags="" textColor="rgba(255, 255, 255, 1)" thumbFrameColor="rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5)" showOpenButton="true" showExpandButton="true" showThumbsButton="true" useThumbDots="false" useFullscreenExpand="false" e_galleryWidth="400px" e_galleryHeight="300px" e_backgroundColor="222222" e_backgroundOpacity="1" e_textColor="ffffff" e_textOpacity="1" e_thumbColor="ffffff" e_thumbOpacity="0.5" e_library="picasa" e_featuredImage="" e_nextgenGalleryId="" e_picasaUserId="picasateam" e_picasaAlbumName="VegasWeekend" postID="1033">

The XML code you posted is normal (although there should be image entries along with the configuration settings).
The more recent versions of WP-Juicebox output to the dynamically-generated XML file only the configuration options required by Juicebox (and do not include the 'e_' settings used only by the plugin).

I see no problem with your gallery's settings.
It looks like the problem might be with the version of PHP on your web server (perhaps a PHP method which WP-Juicebox uses which has been disabled in your PHP settings).

If you are willing to allow me FTP access to your web server, I would be happy to investigate further and try to determine the exact cause of the problem.
Please let me know if you are agreeable to this and I will send you an email where you can send me your FTP login details.
Thank you.

Thanks for the offer Steven. Please do send me an email, and I'll forward you FTP details.

Thanks!
JP

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.

Thanks for the great support! Steven was able to identify the issue, and after changing a setting on the server, it's working. JuiceBox is the best!

You're welcome!

For others reading this and experiencing a similar problem, WP-Juicebox requires that allow_url_fopen is enabled in the web server's PHP settings (PHP_INI_SYSTEM). The default value for this configuration is '1' (enabled).
WP-Juicebox uses simplexml_load_file to fetch the images from Picasa's web servers and this PHP function internally relies on allow_url_fopen being enabled.