Topic: Thumbnail aspect ratio

I am experimenting with JB Lite and it seems pretty good, except that gallery thumbnail images are always square. My photos are rarely square and I would like to have some control over how the thumbs are shown. Will the pro version give me this?

Re: Thumbnail aspect ratio

Yes. With Juicebox-Pro, you can set the dimensions for your gallery's thumbnails using the thumbWidth and thumbHeight configuration options. All thumbnails in a Juicebox-Pro gallery will be the same size as each other but they do not need to be square.
If you create your gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, the application will create thumbnails at the specified dimensions and will set the appropriate values for thumbWidth and thumbHeight in the gallerys 'config.xml' file.

For reference, a list of all Juicebox-Pro Thumbnail Options can be found here.

Thanks for your response. If I understand, thumbnails in the pro version do not need to be square but they will all be the same width and height in a given gallery. It might be a nice option to let thumbs display at their native aspect ratio. I pay a lot of attention to cropping my photos and would prefer this.

If I understand, thumbnails in the pro version do not need to be square but they will all be the same width and height in a given gallery.

That is correct. The thumbnails were designed more as a navigational tool. As long as you set imageScaleMode to either SCALE_DOWN (the default value) or SCALE, your main images will be displayed in their entirety within the gallery's image area with their aspect ratios respected and without any cropping.