Topic: second border / improving the frame styling of the main image

Hello,

I would like to ask you if there is a way to have the frame margin option, this way the frame doesn't touch the image. That creates a better look for the images. Normally I would accomplish this by adding a margin:1px to the image and it places it a pixel away from the image. I tried manually manipulate the theme.css but wasn't able to accomplish this. Is there a way this can be accomplished.

As a designer I would love to see more customization options for the way image and thumbnail frame looks like.

One idea is ability to use custom background for the frame of the main image. This could really improve the overall presentation, like simulating paper, wood or other textures, and possibly with added shading (inset). Another idea, which doesn't seem hard to implement is ability to use a custom composite image that combines all the "art frame" elements in a format that creates seamlessly scalable art frames around the images. Just to be clear I am referring to those actual gallery frames around the artworks, photos and paintings. It could give visual Juicebox a real edge vs competition.

I also would like to know if there is a way to use a background image in a repeat mode instead of stretch/fill. Trying to style via index.html doesn't work when expanded to full screen.

Re: second border / improving the frame styling of the main image

I would like to ask you if there is a way to have the frame margin option, this way the frame doesn't touch the image.

This is not something that Juicebox was designed to do and I do not think that there is likely to be an easy solution. Even if you were to create the border effect you are looking for via CSS on the correct Juicebox class, it would increase the total size of the image slightly and Juicebox would not know about this. The size reserved for the image in the gallery would need to be increased and it may cause issues with the positioning of other gallery elements such as the caption area.

I appreciate you taking the time to post your ideas here but I would encourage you to post them in the Feature Requests forum thread. This is the best place for them to ensure that they are not overlooked by the developers. Thank you.

I also would like to know if there is a way to use a background image in a repeat mode instead of stretch/fill.

Perhaps the best way to achieve this would be to give your gallery a transparent background and set your repeating background image on the gallery container via CSS. (The gallery's own backgroundScale configuration option does not support 'repeat'.)

Thank you for your reply. I can put this into feature request list.

Many thanks for posting your suggestions in the Feature Requests thread.