Topic: Images not showing in new galleries on Amazon S3

I've successfully uploaded 3 or 4 Juicebox galleries (exported from Lightroom CC  to local storage; then to Amazon S3 AWS using Transmit).  They displayed beautifully then and still do.

But when I created a new gallery about 10 days ago, on trying to open it (in Safari on Mac; under iOS on iPad or iPhone; under Safari under Win XP), the browser's tab title shows correctly, but nothing appears on the page itself - no image, no thumbnails, no navigation, nothing.  (The gallery displays fine in a local browser if Lightroom does it or if the Juicebox program does it.)

I've tried lots of options - even on Amazon S3 directly cloning everything from a old working gallery into a test gallery, then replacing the Images, Thumbs, and config file with new stuff.  Still nothing.

Creating the same new gallery using an in-built Lightroom layout style (Classic Gallery) works fine.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks,
Les

Re: Images not showing in new galleries on Amazon S3

Oops...  Also meant to say, looking in the Amazon storage bucket, the images, etc., do seem to be there.  (Haven't checked the Juicebox js files against those in a working gallery byte by byte though!)

... but nothing appears on the page itself - no image, no thumbnails, no navigation, nothing.

It sounds like there might be a problem with the actual Juicebox core files on your web server.
Try re-uploading your gallery's 'jbcore' folder to ensure that all Juicebox core are present and correct (in case something happened during the initial upload resulting in missing or corrupt files).
Also, please see this FAQ as it seems to describe your scenario and may help:
When I view my gallery, I see a blank area. Why?

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further. Thank you.

Hi, Steven.

I've tried creating new Jukebox galleries from LR CC, uploading using Transmit.  Still gives blank pages.

The only thing I can do that works is to then copy everything apart from the jbcore files from the new gallery on the server to overwrite the equivalent files in the old directory that is working - and this then still works ok.  But the web page address has to stay the same - and this of course is now unrelated to the images in the gallery!

If I duplicate the whole of the working directory using Amazon S3's facility and then try to access that clones site from my browser, it gives the white page problem. Very strange.

I can't see any reason why this should be a JB fault - but equally, I can't see why Amazon S3 should be causing the error.

As an awful temporary workaround, is there a way I could put multiple galleries in the one working site, with different Thumbs & Images directories and entry points like Gallery1.html, Gallery2.html, etc, instead of Index.   (I can't get that to work here at the moment, possibly because there is something in the js core that expects everything to be in its default directories?)

Thanks for your help.
Les

Please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully determine the cause of the problem.

I'm not sure about the exact structure of your gallery (where all your files are) but the problem may be related to the same-origin policy.
Essentially, all gallery files should be on the same domain (or subdomain) as the page containing the JavaScript embedding code. If this is not the case, then you may need to implement a Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) solution by adding the following line of code to the .htaccess file in the root directory of the domain which hosts the 'jbcore' folder.

Header add Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

If it is only the images that are stored on Amazon S3 then this is likely to be OK but if your 'jbcore' folder and the page containing the JavaScript embedding code are on different domains, then this is possibly the cause of your problem.

With regard to your other query, you can point different galleries towards different XML files by using the configURL configuration option.
You can also point towards completely different gallery folders by using the baseURL method of embedding as documented here.

Hi, Steven.

I hope this will be of use - a new test gallery uploaded today.

photos.worldofenglish.co.uk/2015/TestForJuiceboxSupport

I don't know if this will also help, but the following gallery is the old one I've mentioned which still works.  In this, you'll see my original images in directories like Images_G & Thumbs_G.  The directories now called Images & Thumbs, etc are photos which I wanted to go into a new gallery, but the only way I could get them to work was by putting them in this old working gallery.

photos.worldofenglish.co.uk/2015/2015-04-10Gruffudd

Thanks for the time you're spending on this.
Regards,
Les

The following gallery was created just now using a Jukebox Builder that I've only just downloaded and installed.  Same problem.

photos.worldofenglish.co.uk/2015/juicebox_builder

Les

Thank you for the links to your web pages.
It looks like the problem may be incorrect or missing MIME types on your web server (specifically for CSS files but there maybe other file types, too).
For example, if I try to open your 'TestForJuiceboxSupport' gallery's 'theme.css' file directly in a browser, I should be able to see the CSS code in the broswer window. Instead, the browser offers to download the file.
Try visiting http://photos.worldofenglish.co.uk/2015 … /theme.css
... and compare the results with http://photos.worldofenglish.co.uk/2015 … /theme.css
(You should be able to see the CSS code in both files but this happens only in your '2015-04-10Gruffudd' gallery.)
Please check that your web server is configured to handle CSS files correctly. (Your web host should be able to help you with this.) This should hopefully solve your problem.