1 (edited by smarais 2015-04-19 19:07:11)

Topic: Windows 8 Phone support [SOLVED]

Hello,
Does Juicebox Pro work on Windows 8 phone? I am using a very simple gallery on my website. When I browse the site with my Windows 8 phone the page comes up but it is "locked". I cannot scroll the gallery page in any direction.
As a test to confirm I removed the gallery control and I could then scroll around on the page.
It works fine with a Kindle Fire 6 tablet.

Is there any option I need to set for Windows 8 comparability?
The site is hosted on .NET 4.51

Stephan Marais

Re: Windows 8 Phone support [SOLVED]

Thank you for reporting this problem.
Unfortunately, this is a known issue (unable to scroll on a page containing an embedded Juicebox gallery on a Windows touch device). However, a bug report has been logged with the developers and it should hopefully be fixed in the next version.

Thank you Steven. Do you know if the fix will be in a minor or major release? I purchased Juicebox only 2 weeks ago and it will be a bummer if the fix will be in a major release for which I will need to purchase/upgrade.

Thank you
Stephan

I expect that this bug will be fixed in the next (minor) version (although I do not know when it will be released).

Please try the following.

Open the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file in a plain text editor and change lines 945-947 from:

body, html {
    -ms-touch-action: none;
}

... to:

.juicebox-gallery {
    -ms-touch-action: none;
}

Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Please note that the line numbers above refer to the current version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.4.3.2).

The bug noted above (whereby a page containing an embedded gallery cannot be scrolled in Windows mobile devices) has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.4.4.
Please see the Upgrading Juicebox support page for instructions on how to download the latest version and upgrade existing galleries.
Please see the Version History for a list of changes between versions.