Topic: Javascript preventing gallery from appearing

I'm embedding a Juicebox gallery into a page and have been having problems with it actually appearing on the page. I traced my issue to a piece of code that I inserted in the head to make a CSS menu work.

The code is;
<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If I take that out, then Juicebox appears just fine, but then the menu doesn't work correctly.
Any ideas on what might be causing this or what I could do?

Thanks.

Re: Javascript preventing gallery from appearing

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.4.2).
The problem you reported was an issue in v1.3.0 but was fixed in v1.3.1 (released 29 April 2013). Please see the Version History for a full list of changes between versions.
Instructions for upgrading Juicebox-Pro can be found here.

I have just double-checked that v1.4.2 works fine alongside the code you posted (whether jQuery is loaded before or after the 'juicebox.js' file).

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look and help further.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version. Although in Lightroom the plugin module says 1.2 but the jbcore folder says June 2014. I can't seem to find the version number in Lightroom anywhere.

The Lightroom plugin v1.2 came bundled with Juicebox v1.2.0 so, if you upgraded the plugin to Juicebox-Pro around that time period, then the version of Juicebox that your gallery is using is almost certainly the cause of your problem.
You can determine the version of Juicebox that a gallery uses by opening the gallery's 'jbcore/juicebox.js' file in a plain text editor and checking the version number in the comments at the top.
You can do likewise with the plugin's 'juicebox.js' file ('juicebox.lrwebengine/jbcore/juicebox.js') to determine what version the plugin is currently using.

As you will likely need to upgrade the plugin's core Juicebox files, you might like to take this opportunity to upgrade the plugin, too.
(1) Download the latest version of the plugin (v1.4.2.0) from here.
(2) Download the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.4.2) using the link from your purchase email (see here for details).
(3) Upgrade the Lightroom plugin following the 'Upgrading to Juicebox-Pro' instructions on the plugin's support page.

If you want to upgrade an existing gallery to the latest version of Juicebox-Pro, then either recreate the gallery with the upgraded version of the Lightroom plugin or replace the 'jbcore' folder in the existing gallery folder with the 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro v1.4.2 download zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.4.2/web/jbcore/').

I've updated the plugin whenever I see a new version is out. The comments say: Build Time: 05/27/2014 03:54:54 PM. So it's recent, but I still have the issue. I tried to download the 1.4.2 version last night but I was told the link in my email was out of date and it would take up to 3 days to get a new link!

In the meantime I have the Juicebox builder 1.4.1 app so I thought I'd try that for a change. Very interesting using that vs. the LR module which is the only thing I've ever used. I like using LR since I'm familiar with the interface and like how I can move PSD images from my library in and out of the folder to be used in JB then export. What I've been doing today is opening my current galleries from within the app then over writing them. This has remedied the javascript issue.

As long as your galleries use the latest version of either the Juicebox-Lite or Juicebox-Pro 'jbcore' folder (v1.4.2), the JavaScript conflict should not occur.