Topic: Problems with mobile browser pictures expanding into window [SOLVED]

Hello,

I am having a problem with juicebox in mobile browsers.  I have tried the stock android browser and the mobile chrome browser and have the same problem.  The galleries show up as a picture when you touch them to open the gallery it expands into the entire window but does not cover all the objects in the window so I have logos and other stuff over the top of the photo.  Here is the page I am viewing.

http://www.emmettbowerband.com/photos.html

Would the expandInNewPage in the pro version fix this?

Thanks,

BeerPimp

Re: Problems with mobile browser pictures expanding into window [SOLVED]

Would the expandInNewPage in the pro version fix this?

Yes (although this should not be necessary).
What you are describing is actually a known bug whereby elements which have explicitly been assigned a CSS 'position' are not covered when the gallery is expanded either from the Splash Page or by clicking the Expand Button (they should be). This bug has already been addressed and will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox (although I do not know when it will be released).
In the meantime, the workaround (for Juicebox-Pro users), is to set expandInNewPage="TRUE" so that, when the gallery is expanded, it is displayed on a page of its own rather than on top of the embedding page.

Is there another way to get juicebox to open on mobile platforms so it does not go full screen?

You could embed the gallery directly in a web page rather than using the Splash Page by setting showSplashPage="NEVER". However, this is a Pro-only option, too.

Maybe the best solution for Juicebox-Lite at the moment (until the bug is fixed) would be to create your own version of a Splash Page (an image link using HTML) which would link directly to the gallery's own HTML index page (opening the gallery on a web page of its own). Even a text link such as the following would work:

<a href="gallery_folder/index.html">Click to open gallery.</a>

Thanks for the info but I think I will just upgrade to pro version because it will be easier to implement.  I think the price to purchase a pro license is fair and it is an easy to use program that will save me a ton of time.

That's great to hear! I hope you enjoy using Juicebox-Pro.
Setting expandInNewPage="TRUE" in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> General' section is certainly the easiest way to solve the problem until the next version of Juicebox is released with the bugfix.

This bug (whereby elements from the embedding web page may still be visible after a gallery has been expanded) has now been fixed in v1.4.3. Please see this blog entry for more information on the latest version.