Topic: Full Screen on iPad

Hi,

When I click on the expand button to display a slideshow in full screen on a desktop (either PC or Mac), the slideshow expands nicely and takes the whole screen. I just have to press "escape" to return to the normal mode.

When I click on the expand button to display the slideshow in full screen on an iPad, the slideshow only enlarge to fit the browser,  it does not expand to cover the whole screen.

I tried with the demos that are on the JuiceBox website to see if it was my configuration and they have actually the same problem.  The demo do no expand in full screen on an iPad, but they do on a desktop and phone.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Nam

Re: Full Screen on iPad

Mobile Safari does not support the Fullscreen API (which is used to expand a gallery fullscreen rather than just full browser). (A list of browsers which currently support the Fullscreen API can be seen here.)
On an iPhone (for example), the size of the browser window cannot be changed so the gallery is only actually expanding within the browser (but looks to be going fullscreen due to the browser window filling the screen).
If you maximize your browser window on your iPad and expand your gallery, it should look similar to the way it displays on an iPhone.

Also, you could try saving a bookmark of your gallery's web page to your home screen (load the web page in Mobile Safari, click the arrow icon on your browser's toolbar and select 'Add to Home Screen'). A new bookmark icon to your gallery's web page will be created on your Home Screen and clicking the icon should run the gallery as fullscreen as possible.

Actually I am also using an other provider, SlideshowPro, and their slideshow run on Safari in full screen. With JuiceBox, when I maximize the browser on an iPad I still see the tool bar and menu.

when I maximize the browser on an iPad I still see the tool bar and menu.

Just to clarify, maximizing the browser will not, by itself, cause a gallery to go fullscreen (or full browser).
You will need to either click on a gallery's Splash Page or Expand Button to expand the gallery.

Actually I am also using an other provider, SlideshowPro, and their slideshow run on Safari in full screen.

I do not know how SlideShowPro generates a fullscreen effect in Mobile Safari.
According to the website I linked to above, Mobile Safari does not support the Fullscreen API.
As far as I am aware, the only way to hide the Mobile Safari toolbars on an iPad is to add the web page to the home screen (as in my previous post).

Try using another browser such as Chrome to see what difference this makes.

This forum thread regarding hiding the toolbars in Mobile Safari may be of interest (although it is not directly related to the iPad).