Topic: Slideshow interferes with menus on mobile device

I've got a slideshow on my home page, right below my top nav menus, which drop down:
www.ragandbone.ca

On a desktop device everything is fine.

But on my Android phone, if the drop down menu overlays the slideshow any attempt to select a menu item makes the image "highlight", and the navigation fails.

I've turned image click mode to "none" so that one doesn't get to the full screen slide show when attempting to navigate, still I can't navigate.

It's not that the menu isn't visible; it is - one simply can't tap it to navigate. It might be that the nav button is too small, and any attempt to tap it taps the underlying slide show as well.

Any way around this?

Re: Slideshow interferes with menus on mobile device

Try giving your navigation menu <div> a high z-index value (e.g. '9999') via CSS so that it is stacked on top of all the gallery elements on the page, e.g.:

<style type="text/css">
    #CSSMenu1_container {
        z-index: 9999;
    }
</style>

Thanks, but I already have it set to 9999.  Hmmmm....

Differences in how your web page is rendered in different browsers can often be attributed to HTML errors on the page.
Try validating your web page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors reported.
You can also check the CSS on your page with the W3C CSS Validation Service.
Once your web page validates, it should be rendered with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

There does not look to be many errors on the page (and most seem trivial) but there is a stray </script> tag.
If the problem still occurs after fixing the errors, then at least we can eliminate the HTML errors a being a possible cause.

Also, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.
For the record, your navigation menu functions correctly when I view your web page on my iPod Touch 4.

Thanks for those tips, Steven. I'll have a look at that.

And thanks for the info on the iPod. Good to know.